Act Quickly to Preserve Your Sight
Accidents can happen to your eyes, too. When emergencies occur, it’s essential to act quickly to ensure there’s no long-term vision loss.
Even a minor injury can lead to permanent damage. Please call our office immediately if you experience rapid vision loss or trauma to the eye or eye area.
If we are unavailable and you need urgent care, please call 911 or go directly to the emergency room.
Don’t Treat Yourself at Home
While you might be tempted to alleviate your symptoms at home, it’s not a good idea. Eye emergencies require treatment from an experienced eye care professional. If you’re experiencing an ocular emergency, do not do any of the following:
- Apply pressure to the eye
- Use tweezers or tools near the eye
- Attempt to dislodge or remove objects
- Use medications or ointments in the eye
The only exception to at-home treatment is in the case of chemical splashes. If you sustain a chemical interaction with your eye, remove contact lenses if you are wearing them and immediately flush your eye with cool, clean water. Then seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Symptoms Requiring Urgent Attention
- Vision loss
- Burning eyes
- One eye not moving like the other
- Bulging eye
- Double vision
- Bleeding from the eye
- Eye pain
Examples of Eye Emergencies
- Cuts or scratches to the eye
- Foreign object stuck in the eye
- Black eye (bruising around the eye)
- Trauma to the eye or eye area
- Chemical splashes or aerosol sprays
Where to Find Us
Our practice is located in downtown Los Angeles in Little Tokyo, right across the street from Japanese Village Plaza.
We validate and pay for parking during your visit.
- 334-B E. 2nd St
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Our Eye Care Services
Adult & Senior Eye Exams
The path towards clear, comfortable vision starts with an eye exam. Learn about our process today.
Children’s Eye Exams
Taking care of your child’s sight is easier with the help of our team and knowledge. Preserve your child’s gift of vision today.
Contact Lens Exams & Fittings
Contact lenses are a fantastic way to broaden your eyewear options without sacrificing the quality and comfort of your vision. Learn more about contacts today.